President Nicos Anastasiades just announced the gradual easing of the lockdown starting from May 4.
The second stage will start in three weeks May 21.
These easing of the lockdown concern both the economy and the movement of people.
From May 4th people will be allowed three movements from their house per day and a total relaxation of movement will will come into effect on May 21.
The President said that he felt proud of what has been achieved so far and that it was important to keep following the rules.
Economy & Bissiness
- No restrictions on the construction sector and related businesses
- Retail shops except for shopping malls will open
- Bazaars and farmers markets will open
- Tourist and travel offices can resume operations and open offices and shops
- The public sector will open in full with the return of all employees to work except for vulnerable groups and those who have to look after children up to 15 years old. Both groups must carry out assignments given to them from home.
Courts to resume operation subject to instructions to be issued by the Supreme Court
Last year of secondary school will go back to class on May 11. Online schooling will continue for the others age gorups
From May 4 restrictions end and Dental Services re-operate
Movements of Citizens
Citizens will be allowed three SMS a day for movements and the curfew is changed to starting from 10 pm until 6 am
Religion, Churches and Weddings
From May 4th
- Pray at church and other places of worship will be allowed provided there are no more than 10 people at any one time
- Restrictions for weddings, funerals and christenings remains (max 10 persons and immediate family only)
From June 1st
- Restrictions will be milder forllowing announcements from the ministry of Health
- Exercise will be allowed in open areas, paths and swimming.
- Parks and children’s areas remain closed
- Pro sports training from May 4th
- Teams can start to practise from May 18th
- Starting May 21st all restrictions on movement to be lifted, Freedom to use parks, play areas in open areas, squares, marinas, provided gatherings are not more than 10 people, catering establishments reopen only for outside service, based on strict protocols to be issued by the Labour Ministry, hairdressers, barbers and beauticians
From June 1
- Access to and operation of organized beaches islandwide.
- Ports will open with the exception that cruise passengers cannot disembark in Cyprus
- Libraries, museums, archaeological and historical sites will open
- Betting shops can open